There are many ways you can prepare for fasting on Yom Kippur. Some of the methods that work best for us are drinking a lot the days leading up to the fast, eliminating spicy and salty foods, decreasing caffeine intake during the week proceeding Yom Kippur, and eating wisely before the fast starts.
Eating wisely means choosing foods that will keep you fuller for longer. Certain foods like potatoes, quinoa, brown rice, oats, fruits, lentils, and nuts do just the trick!
Below are some of our favorite recipes that include these super foods!
We hope these foods satisfy and fill you up so you can worry less about your grumbling tummy and more about the meaning of the day.
For tips on how to fast safely see HERE.
- Beef and Gnocchi by Chayie Schlisselfeld
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad by Brynie Greisman
- Rice and Lentil “Meat” Loaf by Sina Mizrahi
- Nourishing Vegetable Soup by Rorie Weisberg
- Whole Wheat Oatmeal Muffins by Elky Friedman
- Braised Apples with Crumble and Ice Cream by Adina Schlass
- Lemony Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner by Molly Hagler
- Potato Cauliflower Soup by Sara and Yossi Goldstein
- Oatmeal Cherry Muffins by Miriam (Pascal) Cohen
- Classic Kreplach by Carol Ungar
- Onion and Potato Blintzes by Sina Mizrahi