Whether your child is in a day camp or sleepaway camp, special treats from mom and dad are a great way to show them that you’re thinking of them. So let’s roll up our sleeves and make some treats that are sure to put a smile on their faces!
Some things to keep in mind when sending food to camp:
- Avoid foods that contain nuts
- It’s best to send foods that are durable and pack well
- Don’t send them anything that is perishable (unless they have access to a refrigerator).
- Avoid foods that easily melt (ex. chocolate)
- Most importantly, be sure to familiarize yourself with the camp snack policy!
We kept all of these things in mind when gathering the recipes below, so have a look around and don’t forget to include a meaningful note!
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Bits by Chanie Nayman
- Homemade Fruit Leather by Chanie Nayman
- Homemade Beef Jerky by Kosher.com Staff
- Apple Chips by Estee Kafra
- No-Mixer Granola Bars by Chanie Nayman
- Sourdough Za’atar Crackers by Chaya Suri Leitner
- Candy Buttons by Victoria Dwek
- Cookies with a Twist by Estee Kafra