Family Table Snow Day Picks!
This snow day coming on the heels of Purim has left us with little energy to patchke in the kitchen. But we still want (read: need) a warm bowl of goodness. Here are our picks for minimal cooking and prep time, yet maximum on the comfort food arena.
- Even when we’re home with not much to do, we don’t want to slave over a stove for hours. This amazing Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes and Grilled Veg totally frees up the day so you can spend hours on that 1500 piece puzzle you’ve been eyeing all morning.
- Craving some warm cheesy comfort food? Well, who isn’t, honestly? This rich Cheesy Tater Tots Casserole is literally everything you could ever want in snow day food, all in one bowl. And if it’s not **actually** snowing right now, we aren’t judging.
- Want to get the kids involved in the kitchen fun? These Nuts N Cinnamon Cookies are quick to throw together, and are pretty good for you, as far as cookies go. So yes, you can have your cookies and eat them too!
- We’ve all thrown some cinnamon sugar on some puff pastry for a last second dessert when unexpected company shows up, but have you ever made puff pastry hot dog twists?? These Hidden Hot Dogs are great for kids, but honestly, the adults are going to want them too.
- Another winner from our resident queen of babka, Brynie’s Pareve Chocolate Cheese Twists are a great way to spend a cold afternoon. And the best part is: you get Pareve Chocolate Cheese Twists when you’re done!
- If you’ve never had a dairy version of potato kugel, trust us, one bite is all it takes to get you hooked for life. This Meal-in-One Potato Casserole is buttery, potatoey (new word, go with it) and seriously good.