Family Table Recipe Roundup
Fruity Shabbos Round-Up
By Chanie Nayman
We've gotten so used to pairing sweet with savory on our menus that a Shabbos centered around fruit is just an obvious choice for this week.
- We know some people (those people are all men, amirite) resist the concept of fruit in salad with all of their mights. Let them try these fresh and delicious Chicken Skewers Over Pomegranate Salad and silence the naysayers!
- When you overdid the fruit shopping and have produce threatening to expire, turn it into this delicious and different Fruity Sweet and Sour Chicken. Sophisticated enough for the adults, delicious enough for the kids.
- We know, we know, a new rice dish. been there, done that. Except you HAVEN'T because this Fruit, Nuts 'n' Rice dish will blow all your other rice dishes our of the water!
- We feel like if you tell your kids this salad is called Pink Polka Dots Salad, someone's bound to eat it. Dress them up in princess attire first for extra effect!
- We strategically called this delicious sweet side/dessert hybrid Cranberry Pear Ring, because if it doesn't have 'cake' in the title you're allowed to eat it whenever you want, right? Right?
- After a meal full of all the amazing fruity recipes we can't stay away from, you may want something that's on the lighter side. These delicious Poached Pears with Spiced Pomegranate Reduction is the perfect ending to the perfect meal.