Forget The Deep Fryer, Try These Healthier Olive Oil Recipes Instead this Chanukah!
While there’s something special about freshly fried latkes and sufganiyot on Chanukah, fried foods are not necessarily something you want to eat for eight nights straight. After a couple nights of indulging in all the greasy treats, a light, healthy meal really hits the spot.
Luckily there are plenty of ways to honor the miracle of Chanukah beyond deep frying. Whisk it into a vinaigrette, marinate it with olives and herbs, roast it with fish or bake it into a cake–the possibilities are endless!
Take a look at some of our favorite recipes below, and let olive oil really shine this Chanukah.
- Roasted Tomatoes in Olive Oil and Thyme by Zeta Olive Oil
- Olive Bread by Zeta Olive Oil
- Olive Oil Cake by Elizabeth Kurtz
- Olive Tapenade by Zeta Olive Oil
- Olive Oil Poached Halibut by Laura Frankel
- Rustic Mashed Potatoes with Garlic Confit by Chanie Apfelbaum
- Olive Oil Basil “Ice Cream” by Sara and Yossi Goldstein
- Marinated Mozzarella and Penne by Chaya Suri Leitner
- Tomato-Olive Baked Feta Cheese by Rorie Weisberg
- Apple and Olive Oil Cake by Kim Kushner
- Tomato-Garlic Confit by Adina Schlass
- Mushroom-Olive-Tomato Salad by Chanie Nayman
- Danielle's Balsamic Vinaigrette by Danielle Renov
- Best-O Pesto by Norene Gilletz
- Seasons of a Pastry Chef: Olive Oil and Lemon Mini Cupcakes with Citrus Glaze by Janie Chazanoff
- Sea Bream Fillets in Mediterranean Sauce by Zeta Olive Oil
- Roasted Garlic Aioli by Estee Kafra
- Israeli Salad of Oranges and Black Olives by Chef Tom Francz
- Pasta with Tomatoes, Garlic, and Olive Oil by Zeta Olive Oil