Family Table Suggests
For even the most kitchen-capable (let's hashtag that?) among us, there are always weeks when our same old Shabbos menu staples are no longer inspiring. Change things up with Family Table's picks for exciting updates on the classics you love!
1) For a new twist on a familiar concept, Salmon Cubes with Sweet and Spicy Vinaigrette are the perfect balance of exciting and easy. Everyone else is making teriyaki salmon skewers over angel hair salad, we know, so let your Shabbos appetizer stand out in a crowd.
2) We love a great salad staple! This crowd pleaser of a salad brings some interesting elements together, (Popcorners are the new Nish Nosh crackers, believe us,) for a sweet-salty-crunchy-umami bite.
3) Not just for barbecue! Rib eye steaks are actually the perfect Friday night addition to your meal, because the marbling in a rib eye ensures it won't dry out too quickly. Make the mushroom topping ahead of time, and just sear off those steaks right before Shabbos for optimal deliciousness.
4) There's a reason your mother-in-law always asks you to bring side dish: no one wants to come up with new and exciting ideas to serve alongside your delicious mains! Well, we hear you mothers-in-law everywhere, we hear you.
5) You definitely need a new quick one-bowl dessert, and this one is as good as it looks. Seriously, look at it. And if you haven't already made it in the time it took to read this, you should know that it only has two tablespoons of oil! That's practically a salad it's so healthy.