No Measuring Allowed: Rustic Pear Galette
Recipe brought to you by Victoria Dwek
Welcome to our weekly lifestyle column, No Measuring Allowed. Every week we’ll be sharing a fun and easy Shabbat dessert that doesn’t require any measuring or special equipment, and calls for less than 6 ingredients! Perfect for busy moms and dads, or kids who love to help in the kitchen!
Rustic Pear Galette
1 frozen Gefen Pie Crust
2 pears, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Heaven & Earth Lemon Juice
A healthy sprinkling of sugar (about 1/4 cup)
A sprinkling of flour (about 2 tablespoons)
A sprinkling of cinnamon (about 1 teaspoon)
1 egg white or 3 tablespoons Haddar Egg Whites
turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw), for sprinkling
Prepare the Pear Galette
- Let pie crust thaw at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine all filling ingredients. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When pie crust is soft but still cold, turn out onto a piece of parchment paper. Roll into a circle. It does not have to be neat or even.
- Add pear mixture to the center of the dough in a pretty, even pattern. Fold edges of dough over the pear filling.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake for 20–25 minutes, until pie crust is golden.