Enjoy the Delicious Flavors of Israel
Yom Ha’atzmaut is this week, so what better time to shine the spotlight on the delicious flavors of Israel?
We’ve pulled together some of our favorite Israeli-inspired recipes that we know you’ll love. There’s everything from flaky borekas and frozen limonanas, to sabich and krembo! As you can see, there’s so much more to Israeli cuisine than just chummus and falafel!
And talk about a fun activity to do while everyone’s stuck at home! All you have to do is cook a couple of these recipes, gather some blue and white decorations from around the house, (or go all out and decorate some white t-shirts with blue paint, tape or markers!) and “travel” to Israel as a family without leaving your home!
We hope you enjoy!
- Limonana Sorbet by Brynie Greisman
- Cheese-Stuffed Cigars by Marilyn Ayalon
- Sabich Board by Danielle Renov
- Crembo by Sara Wasserman
- Classic Hummus by Mighty Sesame Co.
- Shakshuka by Dorot Gardens
- Grilled Shawarma Chicken with Kohlrabi Fries by Elky Friedman
- Moroccan Keftas (Burgers) and Couscous with Veggies by Michal Soussan
- Charrif from the Nitra Cookbook
- Falafel-Inspired Wraps by Chavi Feldman
- Pita Bread from the Nitra Cookbook
- Hasselback Eggplants by Chanie Apfelbaum
- Homemade Potato Borekas by Marilyn Ayalon