The Ultimate Chanukah Hot Chocolate Bombs!
With Hot Chocolate Bombs being the latest rage, I decided to try making them in a donut shape in honor of Chanukah.
This activity is a cool and fun activity for teenagers.
Donut Hot Chocolate Bombs are chocolate donuts filled with hot chocolate mix, lots of marshmallows and Chanukah sprinkles. Pour steaming hot milk over the donut and watch the chocolate melt away and those marshmallows pop into your milk.
You Will Need:
- Bars of semisweet or milk chocolate (high quality is best)
- Silicone donut mold
- Chanukah sprinkles (optional)
- Blue chocolate
- Ziplock bag
- Chop the chocolate. Melt in a double boiler or microwave. If using a microwave, melt on 30 second intervals.
- Use a paintbrush to paint two layers of melted chocolate into your silicone molds, paying extra attention to the hole area of the donut and the edges. I would suggest practicing the technique before you make all of them so you can see which areas of the mold need to be really well coated.
- Carefully, remove the chocolate donuts from the mold.
- Fill the molds with hot cocoa powder, marshmallows, and Chanukah sprinkles. Do not add too much hot cocoa because there is already lots of chocolate going on.
- Seal two pieces of molded chocolate together with more melted chocolate.
- Place one to two squares of colored chocolate in a quart-size ziptop bag. Heat in microwave on 30 second intervals.
- Make a small hole in the corner and drizzle the melted chocolate over the donuts. Decorate with sprinkles.
Looking for more edible crafts to make this Chanukah? Check out all of them here!
Author: Esther Ottensoser