1. In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, chopped parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, minced garlic, oregano, paprika, salt, and ground black pepper. Combine well using your hands (use gloves). The mixture will be wet and easy to shape. I like to form the meatballs in the shape of patties.
2. Fry all the meatball patties in a pan until they are nicely brown on both sides, two minutes per side. Transfer to a platter.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and oil a 9- by 13-inch baking dish.
4. Place the seared meatball patties and sliced crosswise potatoes next to each other in an alternating pattern.
5. Put the diced tomatoes on top and make sure they cover all the patties and potatoes. Add one cup of water. Everything should be covered by the water but not completely.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.