I’m partial to mushrooms—and with good reason. They are extremely versatile, healthy, and packed with flavor. My personal favorites are portobello mushrooms with their dense, meaty texture and rich flavor. Also try adding sliced eggplant, zucchini, and asparagus to this marinade and then grilling or baking. Serve the portobello mushrooms whole or sliced—they’re quite lovely sliced on salads.
1. In a jar, combine all the marinade ingredients, shaking until well combined.
2. Place the Portobello caps in a large Ziploc bag and add the marinade. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least six hours.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Remove the mushrooms from the bag and roast, gill-side down, on a baking sheet until tender, 20 minutes.
3. Serve warm, garnished with radish sprouts and fresh parsley, if desired.