1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
2. Mix mashed banana, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and eggs using a hand mixer. Make sure that you use a full cup of mashed banana and measure that first.
3. Add dry ingredients and blend with hand mixer while scraping the sides of the mixing bowl until just mixed together. Do not overmix! Stir in chocolate chips (optional).
4. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray or line with muffin wrappers. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup almost to the top.
5. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes until muffins are cooked through. Don’t overbake or they’ll be dry!