1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230 degrees Celsius). Rinse and clean chicken thoroughly. Sprinkle inside of cavity with salt and pepper.
2. Smear olive oil all over your roaster. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Open beer can and remove about half of beer. Insert two cloves garlic into can.
4. Place chicken upright on can, so can is inside chicken cavity. Place in roasting pan and roast for 10 minutes. Lower oven heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and roast for an additional hour and 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare lemon glaze: Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium flame. Add onion and sauté until golden, about 10-12 minutes. Add lemon zest, garlic, and rosemary, and cook for two minutes more. Add honey, lemon juice, and broth, and stir well. Increase flame and bring to a simmer, then remove from flame.
6. Remove chicken from oven and baste with lemon glaze. Transfer to a grill and cook 15–30 minutes, basting from time to time with lemon glaze.
7. To serve, use a slotted spoon to remove the onions from the saucepan and arrange on the bottom of a serving dish. Arrange chicken on top. Spoon more of the lemon glaze over the chicken and serve.
For maximum moisture, use a can opener to pierce the can’s top in two additional places, aside from the open spout.