1. In a medium pot mix the meat, water, pepper and oil. Add the bay leaves (if using).
2. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer until the liquid is gone. Remove the bay leaves.
3. Let meat cool slightly and put in a food processor & blend till smooth. Set aside until the mashed potatoes are done.
4. Put the potatoes in a pot, add water to cover the potatoes. Add salt and bring to a boil.
5. Cook until potatoes are tender & cooked through. Drain them and set aside to cool.
6. Mash the potatoes with an egg yolk.
7. Take enough cooled mashed potatoes to fill the palm of your hand, flatten it and put a meat disc on top.
8. Form the mashed potato over the meat to form a puck. Repeat with remaining mashed potatoes and meat.
9. Beat an egg in a small sized bowl. Dip the potato meat rounds in egg mixture & fry them in oil until they have a golden colour.