1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (170 degrees Celsius). Grease and starch a 9×13-inch pan or two nine-inch round pans.
2. Beat both sugars and oil in mixer until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift together potato starch, ground almonds, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Slowly add to egg mixture, mixing till just blended. Stir in apples and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. Allow kugel to cool while preparing the glaze.
5. Melt margarine in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in both sugars and salt. Cook over low-medium heat for two minutes. Add whipping cream and boil for two minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Poke holes in the kugel with a toothpick. Pour the glaze over the kugel.
7. Serve warm or at room temperature.