1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. (No fan.)
2. Heat oil in a pan with a cover on medium-low heat on the stove.
3. Massage the chicken in: 3/4 tsp of paprika, Lawry’s Salt to taste (about 1/4 tsp), 1/2 teaspoon of ras al hanut or cinnamon (and 1/4 teaspoon of cloves if using cinnamon), and pepper.
4. Massage the chicken well in the seasoning and add to pan with the cloves of garlic. Cover the pan and cook the chicken for 30 min stirring occasionally.
5. While the chicken is cooking, cut the cabbage and onion into long strips. Use the rest of the seasonings to season the cabbage and onion.
6. After the 30 minutes, remove chicken (leave the juices and garlic) from pan and place in the oven to finish cooking for 20-30 minutes.
7. While the chicken roasts in the oven, cook the cabbage and onions in the chicken juices for 20 minutes uncovered on medium-low heat on the stove.
8. When the chicken is finished, place it on the cabbage and serve over white rice.