1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice eggplants very thinly, cutting from the top to the bottom vertically (you can use a mandoline if available). Salt them and let sit to remove any bitterness. Rinse.
3. Meanwhile prepare the chicken filling: combine chicken, onion, carrot, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley.
4. Place a heaping tablespoon of the filling at one end of each eggplant strip. Roll up and place in a baking pan.
5. Once all the roll-ups are in the pan, pour marinara sauce on top. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with parsley, uncover, and bake for an additional eight to 10 minutes (not more!).
You can substitute the jarred marinara sauce with your own homemade marinara or combine one (15-ounce) can tomato sauce, one and 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/4 cup brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Pour over the eggplant roll-ups in step five.