1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; slowly add one cup of sugar, continuously beating until stiff and glossy. Set aside.
3. In a medium-size bowl, whip together egg yolks and half a cup sugar; add oil, cocoa, coffee, flour, and vanilla sugar.
4. Place seven tablespoons of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture. Add coconut to remaining whites.
5. Spread half of the chocolate mixture on the bottom of a nine-inch round pan.
6. Spread whites on top of chocolate layer. End with remaining chocolate mixture.
7. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
Recipe can also be assembled in a nine- by 13-inch pan with two-thirds of the chocolate mixture on the bottom, the egg white mixture, and then the remaining chocolate mixture marbleized on top.