1. Beat eggs and sugar until light. Lower mixer speed and add remaining ingredients. Refrigerate dough for 4 hours, until it hardens and can be formed into balls.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
3. Place sugar in one bowl and confectioners’ sugar in another. Roll each ball first into the granulated sugar and then into the confectioners’ sugar and place on a lined baking sheet.
4. Bake cookies for 8 minutes, until they flatten and look cracked. Remove from oven and the cookies cool and harden. Store in a sealed container at room temperature or freeze.
5. Form dough into 1- and- 1/4-inch (3-cm) balls.
In order to make preparation easier and to get cookies that are uniform in size and shape, you can place the cookie dough into silicon pans with half-sphere shapes. Freeze the pans for an hour, and then dip the cookies into the sugars and bake as above.