1. Place onion and garlic in a pan on medium heat with olive oil. Cook until onions soften (approximately 10 minutes).
2. Slice potatoes (we made three slices from one potato) and add to a separate pan of boiling water and allow to boil for five minutes.
3. Add mincemeat to pan with the onions/garlic. Once partially cooked, add beef stock cube and continue to stir to break up the stock cube.
4. Pour in passata and turn to lower light and allow to simmer until bubbling for 5-10 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 210 degrees Celsius (410 degrees Fahrenheit).
6. Slice aubergine into large thin slices, and starting with the mince, layer up as you would a lasagne. Mince, aubergine, mince, aubergine etc.
7. Position the potatoes flat on top and drizzle generously olive oil, salt and pepper over potatoes.
8. To finish, sprinkle the leaves of approximately three sprigs of rosemary.
9. Leave to cook for 35-40 minutes until the potatoes brown up.