1. Line a sieve with a thin cloth and set aside.
2. Place the chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat until nearly melted.
3. Meanwhile, combine the half cup sugar with the coffee and boiling water.
4. Strain the coffee mixture over the chocolate. Whisk until melted. Let cool and refrigerate two hours, until completely cooled.
5. In a medium bowl using a hand mixer (or in the bowl of an electric mixer), beat the cream with remaining two tablespoons sugar on medium speed until soft peaks form.
6. Whisk chilled mocha mixture until smooth and fold it into the whipped cream. Pour mixture into the ice-pop molds and freeze for at least four hours.
7. If using hazelnuts, press the frozen ice pops into the chopped hazelnuts and return to freezer for at least 30 minutes.