1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius).
2. Pour the oil into the bottom of a Dutch oven. Add onions and garlic and toss with two tablespoons flour.
3. Coat the roast with the remaining two tablespoons flour.
4. Pour a bottle of Red Wine Sauce over the top of the floured roast, or make your own version by combining the ingredients above. Cover the pan well and cook for one and a half hours. (If the roast is very large, increase cooking time to two hours.)
5. Let cool. Slice and spoon the sauce over the meat. Add two to three tablespoons water if it’s dry. Cover again and bake for one more hour before serving.