1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line sheet pans with silpats.
2. Cream the butter and sugars until fluffy.
3. Add in the eggs one at a time. Add in the vanilla.
4. Mix together the dry ingredients and add to batter.
5. Add in the chocolate chips and mix on low speed or by hand until fully incorporated.
6. Place rounded tablespoons on the silpats, 12 per tray.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Let stand for three minutes then remove to cooling rack. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.