1. Fry or bake falafel balls according to package instructions (or buy fresh from the pizza/pita place). Toss red cabbage with oil, sugar, vinegar, and salt.
2. If using chickpeas, toss chickpeas with all spices. Spread on a greased baking sheet, spray with cooking spray and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
3. Divide rice between two bowls. Top with Israeli salad, red cabbage salad, fresh parsley, and chickpeas if using. Drizzle liberally with techina and enjoy!
• You can also prepare this dinner with grilled shawarma-spiced chicken instead of or in addition to the falafel balls.
• If you’re making the Israeli salad, simply combine 1/2 finely chopped cucumber, one finely chopped pepper, 1/4 finely chopped red onion, juice of one lemon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and fresh parsley.
• Add a sautéed onion to the rice if you have just a bit more time.