1. Heat oil in a large stockpot. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Cover and saute for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Place the turkey necks in a mesh bag and add to the pot along with eight to 10 cups water.
3. Add potatoes, salt, pepper, paprika, and tarragon and bring to a boil.
4. Let simmer for an hour until all the vegetables are fork tender.
5. Remove the mesh bag and let the soup cool a bit. If desired, pulse a few times with an immersion blender to thicken.
6. Before serving, bring soup to a boil. Add peas and gnocchi and let cook for three to five minutes. If you’re serving this at your Yom Tov meal, cook peas and gnocchi only just before serving, if possible.