1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour an eight-inch (20-centimeter) square pan or 12 two-ounce (56-gram) ramekins.
2. Melt chocolate, margarine, and cocoa powder in a double boiler, or microwave for 20-second intervals, stirring in between. Set aside.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt until slightly thickened. Slowly add warm melted chocolate mixture, followed by flour. Continue to whisk until well mixed.
4. Bake until slightly puffed and toothpick comes out with sticky crumbs (35–40 minutes for the square pan or 22–25 minutes for the ramekins). Cool.
5. Garnish with whipped cream. If you want to go all out, drizzle with hot fudge sauce.
6. Transfer batter to the square pan or divide evenly among the ramekins. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top, if desired.