1. Break the ground meat into chunks.
2. In a sauté pan over low to medium heat, brown the meat until the juice flows and the meat starts to darken and is cooked through. You can continue breaking up the big chunks, but don’t make them too small. For this recipe, decent-sized chunks of meat are good.
3. After about 10 minutes of slow cooking, add tomato sauce, ketchup, lemon juice, brown sugar (or Truvia), salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. Mix very well. Lower heat.
4. Let the chunks of meat continue to simmer in the sauce for another 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the zoodles. Spiralize the zucchini and squash using the thinnest blade on your spiralizer or use a julienne peeler. Then, add a little water to a pot and heat over high heat. Add zucchini and steam for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Plate the zoodles (or noodles) and top with meat and sauce.