1. To prepare the dough, dissolve yeast in warm water and sugar. Add dissolved yeast to remaining dough ingredients in a stand-alone mixer until thoroughly mixed and evenly incorporated. Remove from mixer and place in a large non-reactive bowl (glass or plastic) and cover with plastic wrap.
2. Allow dough to rise for one hour. Punch down the dough, and allow to rise for an additional half hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Divide the dough into six portions. Roll out each portion of dough into a thin square.
5. In the bowl of a mixer, mix all cheese filling ingredients. Spread an even layer of cheese mixture on top of each portion of dough. Roll up dough jelly-roll style; use a large stainless steel spatula if necessary to help you lift the dough off the counter.
6. Cut the rolled up dough in to one-inch pieces. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray. Place a one-inch slice in each muffin slot.
7. Mix crumb topping ingredients. Sprinkle on top of each babke muffin. Allow to rise for additional half hour.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.