1. In a large, deep saucepan that has a cover, sauté onions in oil over medium heat.
2. When onions are transparent, add the garlic, turmeric and tomatoes, stirring to blend.
3. Add chicken to pot and let it brown on both sides, three to four minutes a side, until it turns golden brown. While it is browning, sprinkle it with the salt, pepper, cinnamon and ginger.
4. Once the chicken has finished browning, add the apricots and chicken broth to the pot. Now simmer it, partially covered, for one hour, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the apricots and chicken are soft and infused with each other’s flavor.
5. Serve over couscous or rice.