1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Divide dough into four equal parts. Place three parts of the dough back in the refrigerator. Roll out the fourth part into a 10-inch diameter circle, adding ﬂour, if necessary. Spread one fourth of the jam over the dough.
3. Mix nuts and sugar and sprinkle one-fourth of the mixture over the dough.
4. Cut circle into pizza-like slices. Roll up slices from outer edge inward, to form rugelach.
5. Place apart on lined cookie sheets. Brush with beaten egg. Repeat with remaining dough.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and puffed.