1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash and pat dry the salmon fillets and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Liberally drench the salmon with maple syrup, and sprinkle with garlic powder and salt to taste. Grind fresh black peppercorns on top (or use ready coarsely ground black pepper) until fully coated.
4. Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until bubbling (fish should flake easily at this point).
5. Remove from the oven and serve.