1. Brush the tuna with the toasted sesame oil and soy sauce on both sides.
2. Place the crushed peppercorns in a large dinner plate. Press the coated tuna into the peppercorns until completely covered on all sides.
3. Heat a tablespoon of canola oil in a large skillet. Cook the tuna for around two minutes on each side over medium/high heat. You should see the edges of the tuna close to the pan turning opaque. That is the time to flip the tuna.
4. After searing the tuna on all sides, set it aside to rest.
5. Slice the tuna log into thin slices.
6. Pour the lettuce into a deep salad bowl.
7. Place the jalapeno, carrots, cucumber, and avocado in rows. Place the sliced tuna in the center
8. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
9. Drizzle spicy mayo or sweet sauce as desired.