1. Clean chicken and cut each into half.
2. In a large bowl, combine batter ingredients until smooth.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet until hot, but not smoking. Dip chicken pieces into batter and place in skillet; fry until chicken is cooked through and batter crust is golden, turning once in middle.
4. Remove chicken to dish and set aside.
5. Add pastrami to pan and fry until meat begins to curl up a bit and get crispy. Empty pan into chicken dish.
6. Place pineapple in frying pan and sear, stirring slowly. Pour in 3/4 cup of reserved pineapple juice, add teriyaki sauce, and heat through.
7. When juice bubbles, add cornstarch and water mixture and return to a boil, stirring gently.
8. When sauce begins to thicken, remove from heat. Mix into reserved chicken and pastrami. Serve warm.