1. Directions for the meat:
2. 1. In a medium pot, mix the meat, water, oil and pepper.
3. 2. Add the bay leaves.
4. 3. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until the liquid is gone. Remove the bay leaves.
5. 4. Let meat cool slightly, and put in a food processor blend till smooth.
6. 5. Form meat into small patties.
7. 6. Set aside till mashed potatoes are done.
8. Directions for mashed potatoes:
9. 1. Put the potatoes in a pot, add water to cover the potatoes. Add salt and bring to a boil.
10. 2. Cook until potatoes are tender and cooked through.
11. 3. Drain them and set aside to cool.
12. 4. Mash the potatoes with an egg yolk.
13. To assemble:
14. 1. Take enough cooled mashed potatoes to fill the palm of your hand, flatten it and put a meat disc on top.
15. 2. Fold the mashed potato over the meat to form a potato round.
16. 3. Repeat with remaining mashed potatoes and meat.
17. 4. Beat an egg in a bowl.
18. 5. Dip the rounds in the egg mixture, fry them in oil till it has a golden color,