1. Place all marinade ingredients in a Ziploc bag along with the chicken breasts. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse quinoa and place in a small saucepan with chicken broth. Bring mixture to a boil, then simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and remove pan. Allow to stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet. Sauté onion over moderate to high heat with ½ tsp salt until golden (about 6–8 minutes). Add garlic and sauté, stirring, 1 more minute. Add defrosted eggplant stix with remaining ½ tsp salt, chili powder, cumin, and pepper. Stir for 2 minutes.
4. Stir eggplant mixture into the quinoa mixture. Cool to room temperature.
5. Add chopped parsley to salad, along with the lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
6. Remove chicken from marinade and fry, grill, or broil about 3 minutes each side. Slice into thin strips. Top salad with chicken strips.
You may opt to keep this salad pareve and omit the chicken strips. It’s absolutely delicious with or without! If you have no chicken broth on hand, you may use 2 cups water with 2 tsp consommé powder.