Use this recipe to transform your leftover rice from Shabbat. This rice stuffing is filled with goodies like sauteed onions, mushrooms, and peppers, and the fresh orange juice squeezed over all unites sweet and savory flavors in this filling chicken dinner recipe. Just add salad and call it a night.
Prepare the Stuffing
1. Sauté onion, mushrooms and green pepper in oil until tender.
2. Stir in rice and spices and mix well.
Cook the Chicken
1. Stuff chicken with rice mixture. Arrange in shallow baking pan.
2. Combine oil, juice and paprika. Baste chicken.
3. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for two hours, basting frequently.
To cook, place in heavy skillet, skin-side up and pan broil over low heat for one and a half to two hours.