1. Soak the prunes in warm water for half an hour.
2. Season the chicken with turmeric, paprika, ginger, pepper, and nutmeg. Coat well, rubbing inside and out, and then set aside.
3. Drain the prunes and place them in a pot large enough to hold the chicken. Add the almonds, cinnamon stick, and honey. Cook for five minutes, until the almonds are golden. Remove prune mixture from the pot and set aside.
4. Arrange sliced onions in the bottom of the pot. Place the chicken on top, breast side down. Cover and cook on a very low heat for half an hour. Turn the chicken over and cook an additional 45 minutes. Add 1 cup water and prune sauce to the pot. Cook, covered, on low heat for another half hour. Baste the chicken with the sauce every few minutes.
5. Remove chicken from the pot and transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and coriander and serve hot.