1. Slice lemons and place salmon slices on top.
2. Season salmon with salt, then smear mayonnaise and sprinkle with Montreal Steak spice. Bake 20 minutes on 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. When fish is done, put salmon into a bowl, mash it a bit then add an egg and a scoop of mayo.
4. Heat frying pan with olive oil. Cut up kani and sauté with minced garlic and soy sauce for about 10 minutes. Kani may stick to the pan, so scrape it and continue sautéing.
5. Add it to salmon mixture. Let it sit for a bit. (I put it into the fridge for a couple of hours so the flavors can be infused.)
6. Roll out puff pastry sheet and spread fish in the center length wise.
7. Cut strips on each side. Angle a strip from one side over the fish, then repeat with the other side. Continue downward with the remaining strips until braid is complete.
8. Brush braid with beaten egg.
9. Bake 35-45 minutes until golden brown (cook time depends on which size pastry dough you use).