1. Place sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and pulse until coarse. If your food processor is powerful, this will only take a few seconds. You don’t need it finely ground, but you do want it broken down into tiny pieces.
2. Add dates and vanilla extract.
3. Process until everything is evenly combined and looks clumped. (You may need to add one tablespoon of water if you have a weaker food processor, but add it in very tiny amounts. You don’t want the mixture to look watery.)
4. Take about one tablespoon or a small chunk of the mixture and roll into a ball. Repeat until all the mixture is rolled. Store in the fridge or freezer to chill and firm up.
5. If desired, roll in optional toppings before serving.