1. Mix together the basting ingredients.
2. Place meat into a lined baking pan and baste the top and sides of the meat.
3. Add two cups hot water to the side of the baking pan (so as not to wash down basting from meat).
4. Cover with a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil and prick foil with fork. Bake at 500 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake an additional two and a half hours.
Cook meat a day in advance and slice when cold, cutting between bones. If preparing for a simcha, have meat sliced by butcher for a more professional cut.