1. Cut chicken into nuggets or strips. Cut in half.
2. Put chicken in a bowl. Add almond milk, salt, and black pepper and mix just to make sure that all of the chicken is mostly submerged in the milk.
3. Set aside and prepare your breading station.
4. First get three large ziplock bags.
5. In 1st bag add flour, cornstarch, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
6. In the second bag add three eggs to a small bowl and beat until well combined. Then add to bag.
7. Tn the third bag add the the seasoned bread crumbs. If you are using plain bread crumbs you can just add the same seasoning from the flour mixture but add 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning to it.
8. In a medium size sauce pot add oil and a popcorn kernel to it and put the flame on a low heat.
9. To bread your chicken, first take some of the chicken from the almond milk. Shake until no milk is dripping off of the chicken. Put in flour. Shake in flour until completely coated, then remove from flour and add to egg. Once in egg, shake until fully covered. Then remove from egg. Shake until not dripping and put in bread crumbs. Shake until well coated. Remove and put on a plate. Repeat until all chicken is gone from the bowl.
10. To fry, put a piece of parchment paper on the counter next to where you are frying. Make sure it is not touching the flame because it can go on fire. On that parchment paper put a cooling rack. To fry, I like to also put two pieces of paper towel on top of each other and put on the paper towel a pair of tongs and a slotted skimmer.
11. Now it is time to fry. Once the popcorn kernels pop, you can start to fry, or if you are using an oil thermometer you want to get the oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
12. Add four to five pieces of chicken at once to the oil and fry for about three ro four minutes untilhe chicken outside is a golden color. Once golden, remove with your slotted skimmer on to the cooling rack and repeat until there is no more chicken. When your cooling rack is full, take a oven safe dish or a 9 by 13 pan and add the chicken on the cooling rack to the pan. When all the chicken is in the pan put into a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven and bake until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Then you can pull out and enjoy !