Edible Perler Beads are Your New Favorite Craft
The thought of Chanukah brings back memories of warm cozy nights, eating latkes and donuts, playing dreidel, and enjoying fun, special and creative activities. Chanukah brings a unique opportunity for family and friends to get together, more so than the rest of the year. Nothing makes these encounters more positive for the children than a well thought out activity. These projects can create memories that last throughout the year and beyond. This idea was adapted from a post on my blog a few years back. It has been a big hit at parties, Sunday clubs, and school and camp activities, and is sure to add excitement to your Chanukah activity program. Recommended for ages 5+. Here's how you can do it at home!
- Cut up Twizzlers into ¼inch pieces (approximately 12 beads per Twizzler straw).
- Draw some pictures on regular copy paper or if you would like an easy download of the shapes, click here for my free template.
- Fill your picture with cut up Twizzler.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on top of Twizzlers.
- Use hot iron to fuse the pieces together.
- Allow to cool and slowly and carefully remove the paper from the candy.
Try out whatever shapes you like—the possibilities are endless! Let us know how creative you are by sharing your pictures with us! Have other fun Chanukah craft ideas? Share them in the comments!