Edible Flood Art Cookies
Acrylic pouring technique has created some truly awesome pieces of art. Between the vibrant, complex color combinations and the dreamy, flowing patterns, artwork created through acrylic pouring can look absolutely stunning. Though these pieces seem intense and challenging, they're actually easy to create.
It's also a lot of fun to try this technique on cookies - great results and a great activity.
You will need:
- Royal icing in assorted colors
- Large sugar cookies (I used this cookie cutter)
- Plastic shot glass
- Plastic gloves (optional)
- Plastic tablecloth to cover your surface
- Cooling rack
1. Pour color by color of royal icing into the shot glass, almost until the top. Three to five colors recommended.
2. Lay a cookie over the plastic cup. Keeping the cup against the cookie surface, flip them both at once so that the cup is facing down and the surface is facing up.
3. When ready, lift the plastic cup filled with royal icing and it should all flow outward.
4. Change the direction and outcome of the “painting” by tilting the surface.
5. Let dry on a cooling rack so the excess icing does not stick to the cookie.
Looking for more edible crafts to make this Chanukah? Check out all of them here!
Author: Esther Ottensoser
Editorial: Rachel Kor
Photography: Hudi Greenberger