Welcome Shavuot with These Garden Hors d'oeuvres
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
A flat white cream cheese surface is the perfect blank canvas for “flowers” to bloom. Enjoy “planting” your own flower design using an assortment of veggies and herbs. Perfect for Shavuot!
You will need:
- Round Schneider’s melba toast
- A block of hard cream cheese
- Assorted veggies and herbs. I used the following:
-Watermelon radish (to make the flowers, slice thinly and cut out using a cookie cutter
- Mini peppers, cut into tulip shape
- Black olives, sliced
- Grape tomatoes
- Radishes, sliced
- Parsley and dill
- Spread the cream cheese on the melba toast and decorate using the veggies and herbs.
- Serve immediately.
I hope your family enjoys these as much as I enjoyed making them.