1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a bowl, mix together pecans, pistachios, brown sugar, 1/4 cup silan, honey, cinnamon and apples.
3. Cut your phyllo sheets to the size of your pan. (I used a nine- by nine-inch square pan). Keep phyllo covered with damp towel when not in use.
4. Brush the bottom of the pan with coconut oil. Layer one sheet of phyllo and brush with coconut oil. Layer two more sheets of phyllo, brushing with oil after each one. Spread one third of apple-nut mixture onto phyllo.
5. Layer three more sheets of phyllo, brushing with coconut oil after each. Spread one third of apple-nut mixture onto phyllo. Repeat. Top with four phyllo sheets, brushing with coconut oil after each.
6. Cut four or five parallel lines through the baklava, then cut lines on a diagonal. This will form diamond shapes.
7. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the top is nice and golden. Immediately, pour remaining silan over the baklava. Allow to cool completely before serving or covering.