Triple or quadruple the BBQ rub spices, combine in a jar, and store for a quick rub anytime. It’s great on fish, meat, chicken, and even veggies.
– To make this vegetarian, slice three (16-ounce) blocks of extra-firm tofu into cubes and dry them well with a clean kitchen towel. Coat the tofu liberally in the spice mixture and drizzle with the oil. Roast at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes, until crisp and golden.
– If you’re short on oven space and/or want an easier prep day, simply prep the chicken according to recipe directions and store to cook fresh prior to serving.
– Switch this up by using thin-sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts and grill on a grill pan.
Get the kids involved in the egg roll rolling process. It’s fun!
For roasted broccoli, drizzle 10 cups of broccoli drizzle with two to three tablespoons olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Roast at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes until crisp and cooked through. Yields more than you will need for this recipe; serve roasted broccoli as a side dish at another meal.
– If you’re making these egg rolls vegetarian, stuff them with store-bought prepared tofu and/or your favorite sautéed vegetables.
– Lighten it up by stuffing the egg roll filling into tortillas, or make it gluten-free by serving the filling in lettuce cups.
From Prep + Rally by Dini Klein. Copyright © 2022 by Dini Delivers LLC. Interior Photography © 2022 by Ren Fuller. Reprinted by permission of Harvest, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers. Buy the book on Amazon.