1. For the avocado dip, combine the chili paste and olive oil. Brush eight slices of toasted bread with the combination.
2. Toss the avocado with the lemon juice and let it rest in a separate bowl until ready to serve. Mix avocado with the chopped scallion and sprinkle generously with the flaked salt. Heap the mixture evenly on top of the chili-lined bread.
3. Cover another eight slices of toasted bread with the lox, and sprinkle with black pepper and capers.
4. For the bruschetta, mix together the sliced tomatoes with defrosted cubes and herbs. Arrange on the remaining eight slices of toasted bread and sprinkle with large-flaked salt.
5. Plate the crostini with one slice of each topping per plate.