1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit (250 degrees Celsius).
2. Place meat in a large baking pan. Arrange whole carrots and garlic halves between pieces of meat.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on coriander seeds and half a tablespoon smoked paprika. Pour wine or brandy over everything. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
4. Remove pan from oven. Cover with three layers of aluminum foil. Lower oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius), and bake for an additional three hours. Cool completely and remove meat from pan.
5. Place one-fourth cup of gravy from the pan into a small bowl, mix with another half tablespoon smoked paprika. Add salt and pepper. Rub mixture onto the meat and put meat into a sealable container.
6. Close and wrap container in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for six to 12 hours.