Maple Roasted Carrot Soup with Crispy Pastrami Strips
Meat 6 Servings
1 Hour, 40 Minutes
- No Allergens specified
- Gluten Free - Paleo - No Refined Sugar
A carrot soup with a different taste. Sweet maple-roasted carrots, parsnip, and onion, blended into a smooth orange soup and topped with crispy fried pastrami.
Roast the Vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the carrots, parsnip, and onion on a baking sheet. Drizzle with maple syrup and bake for 45 minutes.
Prepare the Soup
1. Place the stock in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Add roasted vegetables (making sure you pour in the maple syrup from the baking sheet as well), salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Lower heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
2. Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth.
Prepare the Pastrami
1. Place pastrami in a small frying pan and cook over high heat for 10 minutes or until crisp (you don’t need any oil or cooking spray; the meat will give off a little bit of fat).
1. Ladle soup into bowls and top with some pastrami crisps.
This soup freezes beautifully. If you see the soup is too thick when defrosting, add half a cup water. The pastrami tastes best when fried fresh.