1. Heat oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook until onion is translucent.
2. Remove the thick plastic casing around the sausage. Then either slice the sausage or crumble it into the pan. Brown the sausage.
3. Add red wine, carrots, diced tomatoes, and crushed red pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add the liquid whipped topping and cook for an additional two to three minutes.
5. Stir in pasta and cook until pasta is warm. Cover and remove from heat. Let sit for five minutes before serving.